FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, membership is completely and totally free.
Our events and workshops are free. You get our newsletter for free. You can ask for introductions and support for free. You can raise challenges (e.g. can someone help me with disposing of tainted plastic) and promote events for free. All you need to do is keep an eye on our newsletter or e-mail Richard to but something in it.
Most of the grants we promote are match-funded, e.g. you spend £20,000 and you receive a £10,000 grant which matches your £10,000 spend. This is the way some funding works.
Some services from Universities and other organisations (like the MTC) are match funded, while some are offered at a subsidised rate. It will always be made clear if there is a cost attached.
OK, so if membership is completely free, how do you make money?
The Technology Supply Chain is a Community Interest Company, i.e. a not-for-profit organisation. We have no shareholders. We maintain a low-cost structure and any profit is invested back into the community.
We pay our employees and bills partly through the consultancy fees we charge universities for helping them to engage with our members, partly through sponsorship from our business partners and partly through grants and funding for our work with young people and under-employed graduates.
Membership is open to West Midlands organisations including:
- Technology Firms
- Businesses who specialise in supporting them
Note: our funded support and grants are aimed at SMEs. These are companies with a turnover of less than £40m who employ under 249 staff. Some of these are limited by region (e.g. Birmingham and Solihull LEP, the Black Country LEP etc) and some by industry (e.g. food and drink manufacturers only).
The only expectation is that you take advantage of the appropriate events, grants and funded support.
These are all free. We do not expect you to attend every event or take advantage of every project.
All we ask is that you make the most of your membership.
We also respectively ask members to remain professional at all times and remember that this a community- not a sales forum.
JOIN THE TECHNOLOGY SUPPLY CHAIN
You are invited to join the Technology Supply Chain. Simply complete the form opposite and we will add you to our engineering members’ list.
Remember you get:
- Easy access to hidden grants and fully funded support- fuel your business growth with free support and match-funded grants
- Invitations to free workshops and events- discover new approaches and new business opportunities
- Access to quarterly manufacturers and engineers-only briefings and networking events- find out about the help and support available to manufacturing and engineering firms in the West Midlands
- Support with innovation and using proven technology giving you predictable expansion and increased profits
- Weekly e-newsletter with ideas, opportunities and invitations
- Free access to our library of resources for engineers- discover proven ideas and methods to take your business to the next level