The Technology Supply Chain is a No-cost membership for manufacturing, engineering and technology companies and those who work with them.
WHAT IS THE TECHNOLOGY SUPPLY CHAIN?
The purpose of the chain is to help manufacturing, engineering and technology companies in the West Midlands to:
- Innovate – this could be as simple as adopting new processes or a new IT system or as complex as adding a revolutionary new product to your range.
- Become more efficient and more profitable- innovation will help companies to spend less time doing the boring administration and management work as well as streamline the production process while losing none of the value added.
- Grow- either by selling more of their current products and services and/or selling new products and services.
We are doing this by connecting companies with the grant funding, funded industry projects and support that is available to them from:
- Local Entreprise Partnerships (LEPs)
- The MTC
- Other local organisations and businesses
While we work with companies in the Midlands, the Technology Supply Chain is supporting businesses across the UK with the innovative solutions and offerings of our members.
Find out more about how the fully funded membership of the Technology Supply Chain can help your company in this short video. We are looking for manufacturing, engineering and technology companies and all those who supply them from accountants and solicitors through marketing and sales companies to designers and finance firms.
Our mission is to help West Midlands manufacturing, engineering and technology companies to grow, innovate and prosper by using the funding, funded projects and support available from local Universities, LEPs, catapults, other organisations and companies.
We are also:
- Educating them in the array of solutions, funding and funded support available to them.
- Explaining the proven technologies that can help them, their customers and their prospects in easily understood terms focusing on the benefits on offer.
- Helping them to make the connections they need to succeed.
Our vision is to create a golden age for manufacturing, engineering and technology firms in the West Midlands.
We will achieve this by helping to increase the the Gross Valued Added (GVA) across the manufacturing, engineering and technology sectors. Manufacturing currently accounts for 11% of the UKs total GVA with engineering and technology accounting for 26% of the GVA. So these three sectors account for a whopping 37% of the UK’s GVA.
Our vision is to help accelerate the growth of the engineering and technology sectors and increase the GVA from manufacturing to over 12%.
OUR CORE VALUES
The Technology Supply Chain focuses on five core values.
These are the values that guide our decision making process, our choice of members and what we expect from them. We work hard to preserve these values and ensure they are reflected by our members. are constantly seeking ways to better serve our members.
- Innovation– Innovation is about taking the next step forward. It is not solely about doing something entirely new in the world. It is about doing something new in your business- whether this is introducing a new process or new equipment or supplying a new product or service. We help members to innovate and move forward at the pace that is right for them.
- Results-oriented– our community helps members to achieve the results they want. This can be more profitable, more efficient, expanding, offering new products and services etc. We do this by sharing knowledge and directing business owners to the right funding, funded projects and support for them.
- Trust– Trust forms the foundation of every successful organisation. This is refelcted in 3 ways. (1) We build relationships that are in the interests of all involved. (2) We are honest in our communications and in our conduct. (3) We follow through on what we say we will do and when we say we will do it.
- Community– We are seeking long-term relationships with our members and between our members. The success of the Technology Supply Chain is dependent on us creating a strong community that members can rely on for support. the Technology Supply Chain is a lively and friendly group. We like to work together with like-minded individual. We are an open group constantly on the look out for businesses who share our values and vision. We also work with the local community.
- Knowledge Sharing–The Technology Supply Chain is dependent on us and our members effectively sharing knowledge and information on the choices, solutions and funding available. There is a lot of amazing research and work going on in the West Midlands. There are also a lot of opportunities to find new customers and suppliers. We share what is going on so you can find the right support and suppliers for your company.
WHO IS BEHIND THE SUPPLY CHAIN
The Technology Supply Chain is powered by West Midlands Universities, support organisations, such as the MTC, and the local business community.
We have three Directors:
Richard Fallon- Richard is the Marketing Engineer. With a Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering from Aston University and having run his own successful business in Birmingham for 15 years, Richard understood the potential for the local universities to make a major impact on the local SME community.
Micheal-Don Smith- Don has considerable experience in the third sector as well as running his own business helping entrepreneurs and though leaders to perfect their speaking skills.
Siobhan Harper-Nunes- Siobhan is an entrepreneur, experienced bid writer and heavily involved in the third-sector. Siobhan is passionate about promoting careers in manufacturing, engineering, construction and technology to young women.
The Technology Supply Chain is a Community Interest Company which means we are a not-for-profit organisation with any surplus being invested straight back into our community.
ASK A QUESTION/ CONNECT WITH US
We have the combined experience to get the results you want.